Some of us find ourselves to be more productive when working from home. Fewer destructions equal higher productivity, right? However, others find working from the office to be more convenient, as offices are usually better equipped. In addition to that, they enjoy the fun environment of the office, the team activities and the interaction with other people.
If you are working from home Position Mobile gives you 5 tips that will keep you focused, efficient and productive.
- Isolate Yourself: If you are a social butterfly, working from home can be challenging. On the other hand, trying to work with your family around can be distracting. If you are not living alone, make sure that you have a dedicated work space that allows you to focus, mentally gets you into a work mode and helps create a work/life balance.
- Set Up Your Work Space: Get a desk and a comfortable chair! If you are planning to work from home for longer than a day or two, it’s important to be comfortable. A large screen, a wireless mouse & a keyboard will make your life much easier.
- Stay on Schedule: Pretend that you are at the office. Stick to your routine. Do what you would normally do, at each time of the day. Take small breaks and have your lunch on the same time as usual.
- Plan Ahead: Decide ahead all the tasks that you have to complete each day. Create a to-do list and do not leave your desk until you are done with everything.
- Shop Smart: Stock your shelves with healthy snacks and fruits. Being at home makes most people consume more than they normally would. Have your snacks by your desk to fuel your body during the day.